The XL-80 Laser Kit includes:
Universal power supply
XL system support disk
AUX I/O connector
The XL-80 laser produces an extremely stable laser beam, with a wavelength that is traceable back to national and international standards.
• Laser frequency stability ±0.05 ppm over 1 year and ±0.02 ppm over 1 hour is achieved by dynamic thermal control of the laser tube length to within a few nanometres.
• Linear measurement accuracy ±0.5 ppm over the whole environmental range ie, from 0 ºC – 40 ºC (32 ºF – 104 ºF) and 650 mbar – 1150 mbar. Readings can be taken at up to 50 kHz, with a maximum linear measurement speed of 4 m/s and a linear resolution of 1 nm; even at maximum speed.
• Integrated USB means there is no requirement for a separate laser-to-PC interface.
• LED status lights indicate the laser status and signal strength, providing a convenient alternative to the software’s “on-screen” indicators.
• Switchable between standard (40 m) and long (80 m) range modes.
• Analogue I/O port allows for analogue signal output and a trigger signal input.
• Warm-up time is less than 6 minutes.
• External, switch mode power supply ensures 90 V – 264 V flexibility in input voltage.
All of the above features make the XL-80 quick and easy to use.
Class II laser safety label in accordance with (IEC) EN60825-1, Renishaw XL-80 lasers are Class 2 lasers and safety goggles are not required. Always refer to the system manual for safety details before operating the system for the first time.