This is the REVO RSP2 V2 Probe #A-3060-0028.
RSP2 is a dedicated lightweight tip-sensing probe for use on REVO-2 systems, capable of 2D scanning (x, y) and 3D touch-trigger measurement.
The RSP2 has a universal body to which a number of different length stylus holders, with a maximum reach of 500 mm, can be fitted.
The RSP2 works by using an enclosed laser that is directed onto a reflector at the stylus tip. As the stylus touches the part and bends, the reflector is displaced. The altered return path of the laser is then sensed by a PSD. The exact tip position of the stylus is known because the reflector and stylus ball are close together. Stylus wear is minimized by the low scanning forces that are required.
The type of styli that can be used with RSP2 are limited through UCCserver to ensure that acceptable metrology performance is achieved.
How the RSP2 tip sensing probe works
- Enclosed laser directed onto a reflector at the stylus tip
- The stylus touches the part and bends, displacing the reflector
- The altered return path of the laser is sensed by a PSD
- The exact tip position is known because the reflector and stylus ball are close
- Stylus wear is minimized by low scanning force